MyCryptoChat is a simple ASP.Net MVC encrypted chat rooms manager. Everything is encrypted on the client side, so noone can spy on what you say.
A new version was released in PHP! You can find it here:
You can test it here: http://mycryptochat.azurewebsites.net/
- KISS, only 2 buttons : "create a chat room" and "send a message"
- The encryption is done by your browser, so the server doesn't know what you say
- Every chat room has an expiration time (15 minutes to 24 hours)
- Data is encrypted/decrypted in the browser using 256 bits AES
- You can change the encryption key in your browser to set your own key
- Number of online users on the chat is displayed
- Uses Vizhash to generate an avatar for each user
- You can set the chat room to self destroy if more than one person goes on it
- Added random seeds and hash to improve ids and keys security
- Added a feature : "self-destroy if more than one visitor" when you create a chatroom.
- Bug fixes with the self-destroy feature
- store hashed ids (to calculate how many users are connected) instead of their ips
- fixed the "New messages" highlight bug
- fixed a bug when you share the link of a chat room with no messages
- The "New messages" highlight doesn't disappear sometimes
Tommy of HowTommy.net http://blog.howtommy.net